From Filipino Student Council of NSW< Cultural Promotion | Activities
Filipinos love to sing and you shouldn't be surprised if the most prized appliance at the home of your Tito or Tita is a karaoke machine. Filos tend to be very generous with food, but not on lending their personal magic sing.
If your society is on a budget, you can also set up a karaoke event inside your University. You just need to:
- Book a room where you can make music/noise
- Borrow a speaker, microphones (I suggest at least 2), and a projector
- Bring a laptop that is connected to the internet
- Connect the following
- PC to projector
- PC to the speaker (one might need to buy an XLR cable to 3.5 mm headphone jack for this)
- Microphones to the speaker
- Have people put in the song they want to sing at youtube and have fun :D
To make the event more lively, you can also bring in some chips or drinks.
Google "karaoke bar" near your location and a good list will probably show up.