Cultural Promotion/Activities/Halo Halo
From Filipino Student Council of NSW< Cultural Promotion | Activities
What is it?
A dessert made of mixed fruits, sweet beans, milk and shaved ice, typically topped with purple yam and ice cream. 🍨🍦🍬
Planning a Halo-halo event
- Ice shaver machine. The plastic one you can spin by yourself should work fine.
- Evaporated milk (a cheap alternative would be milk + sugar)
- Ube ice cream (there is one at Haymarket or Filo stores)
- Grass, yellow, green jelly
- more color = better
- if you want a cheap one, you can buy the ones you'll need to boil.
- if you're lazy, you can buy the ready-made ones in cans.
- Jackfruit in syrup
- Coconut gel syrup or more commonly known as Nata de coco
- Red mung beans
- Golden steamed saba